Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Picking Up the Pieces!

It happens.  So much time spent on creating, making, and preparing math stations.  The typing.  The printing.  The cutting. The laminating, then re-cutting!  Trying to keep stations organized and neat but it's inevitable!  One piece goes missing and the station just isn't the same anymore!

Doesn't it make you just want to GRRRRRRRRR!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, I finally came up with a solution that works in my classroom. I just wanted to share it with you!
Here it is!


I printed out a sign and taped it to the back of a clear plastic envelope pocket.  I then stapled the envelope to a bulletin board located at the front of the classroom where everyone can see it.

It has made a HUGE difference!

One class uses the math stations and before you know it, the bell rings.  They put stations away, but sometimes can be careless.  When the next class enters, if they find anything on the floor that belongs to a station (card, number cube, game piece, etc.), they pick it up and place it in the envelope.  When it's time for stations and something is missing, they know exactly where to look!  They usually know when something is missing because I include the number of cards or other items in the directions for the station.

I hope this was a helpful tip!  Please let me know by clicking "helpful" at the bottom of my post.

Thanks and have a great day!!!
:D




No comments:

Post a Comment