Sunday, September 18, 2016

Meet the Teacher Night Idea

Just an idea for your "Meet the Teacher Night" or Open House.

I didn't receive many tissue boxes or sanitizing wipes at the beginning of the year, even though it was requested on the student supply list. Just so you know, these items are only requested for homeroom classes, NOT every teacher.

Anywho!  I came up with this idea very last minute.  I remembered I purchased small sticky notes shaped like a hand at Walmart over the summer, so I came up with this idea!


I wrote items my students needed in the classroom.

I also made a sign so parents could see what the sticky note was for.

Simple, yet effective!  As parents were waiting their turn by the door, they were able take a sticky note as a reminder to bring a box of tissue or canister of disinfecting wipes. I did mention that cold and flu season was right around the corner a few times. Of course it was their choice, and not every single parent took one, but hey, I'll take what I can get!

I have received a few boxes of tissue and only two canisters of disinfecting wipes, but it's only been a couple of days.  I'm hoping I'll get more this coming week. After all, some people do their shopping only on the weekends! (Optimism is your friend!) ;D

I still have quite a few hand shaped sticky notes left.  My original idea was to write down a positive comment or even something like "homework pass" and give them out as "high fives" to students as rewards. I will still be able to do that! The notes were inexpensive and several came in the pack.

I hope these tips were helpful to you! "Stick around" by following me!  I'll be adding more tips and ideas as the year passes.  ;)

I'd also LOVE to hear how you use sticky notes in your classroom!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment