Thursday, July 14, 2016

Polish Remover in the Classroom?

So, on a recent trip to Dollar Tree, I found this large seven day pill organizer.  Almost immediately, I thought it could be used to store small math manipulatives.  So I brought one home and this is what I did.




First, I took out my bottle of acetone and a couple of cotton pads.




With just a little acetone on the cotton pad, I was able to wipe off the letters on the pill organizer.

There was no damage done to the plastic container.



I ended up only needing one cotton pad to take all of the print off of the container with only one application of acetone.  You really don't need much.  

I know there are several brands out there, but I just wanted to show you the one I used.  I don't know if regular nail polish remover will work, but it's worth a try!



I'm actually at home right now and don't have many math manipulative with me.  But this picture gives you an idea of the items that can be stored in this nifty little container.

I'm thinking one per group in my class.  That way, each group will have items needed for stations easily accessible to them.

Let me know what you think!  If you have any other ideas these can be used for, please feel free to share in the comments. It might help someone else out.

For example, I also create jewelry.  I'm thinking these would be great to store some of my beads or other jewelry findings in.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment